STEP – Merit Based Safety Recognition for the Merit Shop!
Established in 1989 by the ABC National Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) Committee, the Safety Training Evaluation Process (STEP) program was developed and written by contractors, for contractors.
Safety is A CORE VALUE – With STEP, You Can BUILD UPON IT
• Organized approach for analyzing and developing safety and loss prevention programs
• The Key Component system forms a 20-point guide to starting, updating or auditing a company-wide safety program
• Incorporates lagging indicator safety performance data with leading indicator use and self-assessment requirements to give a full, wide ranging report on the entire nature of a company’s Safety Program
• Designed to benefit both large and small contractors alike
• Recognition for ABC members at both National and Chapter level, with various recognition events held throughout the year
• Gateway to Accredited Quality Contractor recognition
• STEP Diamond and Platinum recipients eligible for ABC National Safety Excellence Award and Construction Users Roundtable (CURT) – CISE award
• 2013 STEP data shows STEP participants beat BLS national averages in all lagging indicator performance metrics, leading to participant benefits in the pre-bid/bid process and when negotiating insurance rates.
Ever wondered how easy it really is to fill out a STEP application? Want to promote your company or member’s STEP achievements? We are your one-stop shop for promoting the STEP program and educating members–and chapter staff–about what STEP is and the benefits of becoming involved!